Tuesday, March 20, 2007

HypnoBirthing Weekend


Well, I spent this weekend feeling like I was back in school...only sitting for longer than that even! I did a training and certification course to be a HypnoBirthing Practitioner so I can teach HypnoBirthing education classes for expectant moms and families. It's such a great concept!

I gave birth to Sam using HypnoBirthing and was able to have a natural childbirth without any medications! In case any of you don't know, it's not hypnosis like most of you would think...the pendulum going back and forth, clucking like a chicken, etc. It's a way of releasing tension and fear through relaxation, thereby limiting (sometimes eliminating) pain in birth. If you'd like more information, you can visit the website: www.HypnoBirthing.com. And, if you're in the area, I'm now teaching classes! It's really simple and it makes so much sense...I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's really cool...maybe you can be my hynobirthing coach for our next child :-)