We haven't had a family picture taken since Jared was born so I thought I would post these. My favorite is how Sam is making his pretend cheesy smile in one of the pictures. What a ham!
"Let's have cold chocolate milk. Does that sound like a good idea?" - December, 2008
"Mom, did you know that wild horses are called mustangs?" "Yeah, are you a mustang?" "No, I'm not as crazy as I used to be when I was a baby." - December, 2008
"Do girls go to college?" "Yes." "Yeah, and boys go to college so they can find a girl and marry her." - November, 2008
"Jared is rotten." "Why is Jared rotten?" "Because nobody eats him all up. So he is rotten." - November, 2008
"Mom, there are dogs at my school. One is named Ali and one is name Cyrus. And they lick us all day!" - October, 2008
(After a cup of juice spilled all over the floor) "We need to be careful so we don't make a mess." "But you can just clean it up mom." "Yes, but it makes more work for me." "That's okay....working is fun. It's good to work hard." - October, 2008
(After trying to convince a friend that he's bigger than her and she finally said he was bigger) "Why did Ruth say I was bigger?" "Maybe she was trying to be nice." "But I'm not bigger. She's 4 and I'm 3. Why was she tricky?" - October, 2008
(Sharing spaghetti with mom - there is a little left and mom wants him to finish it) "Sam, can you help mommy eat this spaghetti?" "Sure (heaping some spaghetti on a fork)... Here you go" (puts fork in mom's mouth). - August, 2008
"Sam, have you already had milk?" "Uh, no." "Are you sure? Should I ask mommy?" "Yeah...I had milk. Why did I lie?" - August, 2008
(After a big spoonful of food) "Wow Sam, that was a big bite. How did you do it?" "Because I have a big mouth like Daddy's." - August, 2008
"Mommy, I love you." (pause) "What else am I suppose to say Daddy?" - August, 2008
(Crying, while kayaking) "What's wrong Sam?" "I want my arms to be strong. I want to be a man!" - August, 2008
"Mommy, Jared can't go potty in the toilet, but I can because my bottom is big...and tall...and wide." - July, 2008
(After being told the story about the princess kissing the frog and turning him into a prince) "Eww, that's yucky!" "Yeah, I guess that is yucky." "Yeah, it's yucky to kiss a GIRL!" - June, 2008
(While Ben is cleaning up Sam's crumbs off the floor) "Wow, Mommy. Daddy is a-ma-zing!" - May, 2008
(While galloping on a horse bare-back with Ben and giggling) "I LOVE being crazy!" - May, 2008
(While Jared is sitting on the couch cushion he wants to remove) "Hold Jared. He loves when you hold him!" - April, 2008
"Bye daddy. Have a nice day! I'm being supportive!" - April, 2008
(After Jared spits up on kitchen floor) "Jared, you made a mess. I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed." - April, 2008
"I want to find a girl and marry it, and go on a mission, and go on a date. You watch the kids?" - April, 2008
"Can you sing me 'Jingle Bells?' I'm having a hard day." - March, 2008
"I don't want you to go. I miss you. I love you." - March, 2008
(About the fictional character he made up) "Tell me the story of Howie Woody. Please. I love that story." - February, 2008
"Daddy, tell me the story about the owl go stinky on Mr. Devon's head. Heh heh heh." - November, 2007
"I'm really upset" (in calm voice and with hands on hips like a certain parent he knows) - October, 2007
"Mommy, where did Jared come from? From the store or the post office?" - October, 2007
1 comment:
I like them! I really like the second one with the "cheesy" smile..I think it's cute. What a happy lookin' family!
Post a Comment