Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Month's Worth of Fun!

So my online class is kicking my tush and I have been really neglectful of my blog. But here are some random things we have done in the last month or so....

Crafts at Girl's Night:
My friend, Amy Whitney, is just awesome. She has taken ideas from pictures of crafts other people have done and we have done them ourselves. She's the creative mastermind behind them but I get to benefit! =) Here are some of the things we've done this month. We did some Eek! blocks and a magnetic Christmas advent calendar:


We even made a box to store all the magnets in! By the way, I have a great group of friends that do girl's night and it is so fun. We get together once a week and talk, bring treats, talk, and recently, we've done crafts. Have I mentioned we talk??!

Emily's New Baby:
My sister is having a baby in a few weeks and I have been doing some things to get ready to throw her a shower when I get there. I've also been making her a few things. Well, actually, my mother-in-law (who is an amazing seamstress) helped me...correction: made for me, blankets for her baby. Then, I also made her a nursing shield from our Relief Society Craft Night. Can't wait to go to Florida to see them soon!



Fire Station:
Sam's preschool went to the fire station and they got a tour and talked to the firefighters. They even got to go inside the truck and sit and wear their hats and earphones. Miss Kim's class even sang them a couple firefighting songs! Right before we finished, the truck got called and we got to see them get inside and drive away...pretty cool!



Pirate Day:
We went to a pirate day at the library with our good friends, the Dixons. They had a pirate hat making booth, how to talk like a pirate class, walking the plank, and digging for treasure. It was fun!


Other activities that I've forgotten to take my camera to:

Baby Derek: Ben's sister Amy had her baby on September 28. I gave her HypnoBirthing lessons and she was able to have a VBAC so that was very exciting!

Going to the Zoo: My wonderful sister got us an early Christmas gift of a membership to the zoo and Sam just loves it. We were waiting for the weather to cool down but the first time we went, he was just so excited at all the animals! Thanks Em!

11 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

The boys are getting SO big!! Sounds like you guys have been busy! Glad to hear you have a group of friends that are giving you a break now and again! That's SOOOO necessary!! Take care!

Alena said...

I love all of your crafts. Between you and Hanna I'm going to need your assistance in developing my domestic skills. You girls are so creative!

The fire station also looks like it was a ton of fun! I love the pictures and Sam and Jared look like they had a wonderful time.

Brittani said...

couple questions for you. 1. are you working registry? and with what company?

2. how often do you guys go to the zoo? i am thinking about getting a membership and it would be so much more fun if we met you there sometimes!

3. wanna teach me hypnobirthing??

Jan said...

Brittani-
I sent you an email!

Emily said...

Wow...you have been busy! The baby blankets look soooo cute! I can't wait to see them in person. Those crafts are way cute too...isn't it nice to have adults to talk to instead of a 3 year old?

meg said...

wow - yea! Thanks for finding me Jan! Oh the wonderful perks of the internet! What a wonderful blog you have - seems like all is well!

SandyKay said...

I can't wait for you to get back (hint-hint) so that we can get crafty together. Your hair looks beautiful, by the way! We miss you guys.

AMY said...

Jan,
You guys are always doing something fun. I LOVE visiting the fire station. I feel like a kid again when I'm there. I think it's fascinating!
Those baby blankets are so very cute! Way to go! (You and Susan)

Christina said...

yea!! you guys have been busy!! Everything looks super fun!! the pirate day thing looked so cute!!

Heidi said...

You are amazing! Way to go staying anxiously engaged. :) Very cute blankets and nursing cover. And I love the EEK! blocks. I am in charge of our Super Saturday coming up and one of the things we are doing is an idea I stole from YOU...the I Spy bags. So, thanks! :)

Amy said...

Those crafts are so cute! You're so lucky having such fun girls' nights. You guys have been busy doing lots of exciting things.