Saturday, May 03, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!

Happy Birthday Ben!! Today Ben got a special treat...sleeping in until near 8 am. With kids in the house, that is quite the occasion! He also went horseback riding with Sam in the morning and then we went out to dinner with the Dixons and Smiths. I am such a scatter-brain and totally forgot my camera at dinner AND forgot to take any pictures of this special day. However, when the Dixons get moved, Amy's going to email me some pictures that she took and I'll post them here.

For his birthday, Ben's parents gave him (and lucky me), a night on the town--they provided babysitting and paid for dinner. So we went with some friends to Cheesecake Factory and splurged on some scrumptious food and then caught a movie at the dollar theater--Vantage Point. What a fun weekend!

Ben is great and here are just a few reasons why:

He is a great husband and father
He is so smart...in many ways
He is economical (of course, being an economist) :)
He gives and takes teasing so well
He loves the outdoors
He loves spending time with his family
He's always willing to help in the kitchen
He's a good people-analyzer
He is a Manly Man!

And that's just the beginning of a very long list. Happy Birthday Ben! We love you!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! I hope you had a lot of fun sleeping in til 8...so lucky. :-)

Becky said...

I hope he had a good one! That is funny that he is a good people analyzer. I love the new look of your blog! Teach me! Thanks again for the fun night! You guys are the BEST!!

Melissa said...

and he's a great cousin!!! :) happy birthday Ben!

Kristi said...

Wow, I'm way late (we were out of town then) but Happy Belated Birthday Ben! Wow, that alliteration is amazing. :)