
Yeah, Public Health Law...it's the condensed summer class I am taking for school and it's really interesting but pretty intense. It's a full semester crammed into 6 weeks, but at least I'll be done by the end of July. Until then, you might not be getting frequent updates on our blog.
Anyway, here are some random pictures from recent outings: when my sister was here visiting we took excursions to the splash playground, pool, and Blue Bell ice cream factory in Brenham, TX, among other things. We had a lot of fun! Ben also rough-housed with the kids and we took Sam to the Round Rock Express baseball game. For the Fourth of July weekend, we went to a festival in Round Rock and had a picnic lunch, played ball, watched a re-enactment of the Sam Bass shoot-out, and ate free watermelon. We also visited the Texas State Capitol which was really great because they have all sorts of memorials on the grounds for different wars and veterans. This weekend, we spent some time with Ben's classmates who are doing internships in Texas. We had lunch and toured the Texas State History Museum...pretty interesting stuff. No pictures from that though.
Just one more comment I had to make about Jared. It surprises me how much he's grown recently...even since his birthday, which is good since I've been worried about him taking his time to do things. He now can sign "more" and "all done." He can give us something when we ask for it, if he wants to. He loves to push the stroller while we hold him. He pulls himself up to everything and gets bonked and bruised. He loves playing with shoes, and he can give slobbery kisses (my favorite).
Anyway, here are some random pictures of our activities. I should have probably put it on a slideshow, but, alas, my textbook calls....

















7 comments:
That last picture of Jared is priceless. What a happy kid!
Looks like lots of Summer fun!!! I saw your comment on Lona's blog. When you guys decide to go that way let us know. I know Tim would love to see you guys. We are thinking about going that way next summer sometime.
Love all the pictures. And I am so impressed with your classes. Way to go to school! You're so cool. :)
aww, such cute pictures! and about the signing that is too cute, i LOVE when Zach signs more (he still doesnt really talk much mroe than 10 words) its adorable... i cant believe how big they are getting!!
What a busy summer you are having! Glad to see that you are able to squeeze in a little fun. I'm sure you posted this somewhere else before but what are you going back to school for again? Master's in public health or nurse practitioner?
Hey Katie-
I'm doing a dual Master's in Nursing (general) and Public Health. So I'm not going for an NP or anything.
Jan! I forgot you're in school. You are for sure my HERO! It looks like you're having lots of fun out there. Is your time nearly up? Can you give up being a Texan??:)
Post a Comment