Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cali-style Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is such a great holiday! We have so much to be thankful for! It's hard to even list our many many blessings. Well, we tried anyway. I made a tree out of copper wire and put it in a pot. Then, for family home evening, we had a lesson on gratitude and listed things we were grateful for on gold leaves that we placed on the tree. There were 18 leaves and it was not very hard at all to think up of just 18 blessings. I'm thinking I want to start a tradition with our Thanksgiving Tree.


Anyway, we had an enjoyable time in California with my mom for Thanksgiving. It actually rained hard the first night while we were there but we had fun still! We were even able to fit in kayaking, Club Sushi, a date night to see Twilight, and walks along the beach. I was bad with the camera this weekend and hardly pulled it out. I blame it on all that tryptophan...and pie.... Anyway, I even missed taking a picture of our yummy Thanksgiving meal!! Oh well, here are some others.



I have to explain this next picture. You see, my mom's house is covered with tile. And poor Jared is still a little wobbly walking. Even though this is usually not a problem in our carpeted home, it became a problem in California. It didn't help that he was sick and usually tired during our stay. We were constantly worried about him cracking his head on the tile. He did fall some and got a nice bruise to show for it on his forehead. We thought we would try out the helmet to see if it would help. Jared didn't like it much. Please notice our make-shift safety gate in the background...you get so creative as a parent!


While we were there, I tried to get some pictures of my mom with the boys. I just had to post these because Sam was being so goofy in them. Pretending to be asleep or making silly faces. And if he wasn't, then Jared was crying. Too funny.



Well, this might be the best I could do:


Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such cute pictures! Sam is a riot! I'm so sad we won't see you guys this holiday season. :-(