Sunday, November 09, 2008

Coast to Coast

We have been little travelers lately...from the coast of FL to the coast of WA! Last weekend, I set off to Jupiter...where boys get ____. J/K. Flashback to junior high. Anyway, my sister had a little newborn baby and I just had to go check my little nephew out. I took Jared with me and Ben and Sam had a fun time together back at home. Soon after I got there, I threw Emily a baby shower. It turned out really well, with lots of yummy food of course! Jared had fun playing with cousin Maddie...and all of her toys. It was nice to visit and see Henry...he is such a cutie! Welcome to the family little man!!


After coming home and spending a day or two as a family, Ben, Jared, and I took off to Seattle, WA! Sam got to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's house and do lots of fun things, so don't feel too sorry for him! =) It was the first time I've been to WA, which is ironic because I've been telling Ben I think I would really love living in Washington or Oregon because I think I would like the weather.... But then again, that was in the middle of Texas and Arizona summers. Anyway, we went to Ben's old roommate, Alan's, wedding reception up there and got to spend time with my old roommate, Sarah. It was so good to catch up and she was so nice to let us crash her apartment. Thanks Sarah! We loved seeing Alan and we're so happy for him and Shari! Although we were only there for about 24 hours, it really was beautiful. I was amazed at all the colors of fall...yellow, orange, red, green. Lots of trees and all very vivid colors. Beautiful. And apparently, it was a sunny weekend...though I think Ben would disagree. =)


Before throwing leaves....

While leaves are thrown....

After leaves are thrown. He learns fast!



Anyway, thanks to everyone that has housed us this week! It was so fun!! I think we'll take a break from airplanes for a while though!

5 comments:

Emily said...

ooo...those leaves make for such beautiful pictures! Dan always said how beautiful the northwest was. I'm glad you guys had a fun trip! And thanks again for everything Jan!

Amy said...

I didn't know you guys went to Big Al's wedding. Sounds like a fun trip. I do love WA and OR - where I served my mission. I never saw the Western side though. I'd love to go to both Portland and Seattle someday.

sa-rah said...

Jan-you're amazing - so quick to get this posted! I'm so glad you came to visit - it was great to catch up with you and Ben, and to meet Jared-he's so cute!

Christina said...

that sounds like fun!! joe and I are always talking about how we would love to move up there as well, lol. Ive never been up there, but joe has been to portland a few times and loved it there!!

Little Henry is SO cute!!

The Read Family said...

Hey Jan! Looks like you guys had a fun trip and your sisters baby shower looked great!! I think I would like to live in Oregon too, it would be nice to see the seasons change. Anyway, glad to have you back! We need another girls night soon!!;)