Monday, December 24, 2007

Tradition!

Every Christmas Eve (when we're in Arizona), the King family has a tradition of taking a hike in the morning. We hiked up to a high point and ate lunch and rested and then hiked down. It was a relatively short hike since we had the kids with us, but it was still a lot of fun!






After the hike, Sam went on a pony ride. He is so good on horses...it really amazes me. He will sit on his favorite pony, Gidget and just ride by himself--holding onto the reins without any help. Granted, Gidget is a very mild pony but Sam will even turn her around by pulling on the reins and he'll kick her to make her go. He's so big! Jared went on a pony for the first time too...with Grandpa, of course!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun! I didn't know they did hikes? that's an awesome tradition. And tell Sam that Gidget is my fav. King pony too. :)

Becky said...

I love the hike idea. It looks like a good time was had! I love your sunglasses!