Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Early Christmas

This weekend has been packed with lots of holiday activities. Ben's brother, Danny, and his family came down from UT and his sister, Holly, came from Boston so the whole family was there and it's been a long time since that has happened. So we celebrated this weekend since Danny's family will be spending Christmas in northern Arizona. We started on Saturday with Breakfast with Santa for our ward activity. Sam got to tell Santa he wanted a scooter. Jared didn't take to Santa very well.

Then, Ben and his dad and brothers went to see the BYU vs. ASU basketball game. That night we had the big King family dinner party and the kids had fun hitting the pinata and doing the Christmas story and nativity. And, yes, that is my son in a backwards baseball cap...I don't know who let him wear that. Probably the infamous Uncle Spencer!


On Sunday, Ben gave a very nice talk in church about how a simple life is a Christ-like life and a simple Christmas follows therein. And I sang in the choir. I love singing Christmas songs...it really brings the spirit. Sunday dinner was spent with the Darcy King family and we had a nice Christmas dinner and nativity (which I forgot my camera for). Sam has really enjoyed spending time with his cousin DJ. It's been a while since we've seen their family and they were such "best buddies" this whole weekend. On Monday, we took family pictures in the rain with 7 grandkids under the age of 3. It was pretty hilarious! Then we had a Benson family dinner and were able to see more cousins. What a fun time! We will be spending a quiet Christmas morning at home but it's been fun to spend so much time with family.

As an early Christmas present, here is a picture I took of gas prices right now. And since I took this picture, prices have dropped further to $1.49. Wow. I wanted to document this for posterity.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's so awesome that everyone will be there for Christmas! And the gas prices are out of this world...in Utah, it's down to 1.29! Anyway, I hope your Christmas goes great! We miss you guys!

Alena said...

I have to say that Sam is the cutest shepherd I have ever seen... even with the backwards baseball cap ;)

Brittani said...

hey- i just got gas yesterday at costco for $1.41. it was amazing