
During the Priesthood session while the men were away, us women folk decided to do some fun things for dinner. My mother-in-law taught us how to make homemade tamales...I've been dying to learn how to make them! She had the recipe from her mother and they were so delicious!
And I taught everyone how to make sushi...just California rolls. That's the extent of my sushi making skills. But I did try something new and did a few hand rolls (pictured in the center). My sisters-in law really enjoyed helping and most of them that normally would never touch the stuff, actually enjoyed eating it too. We had it for an appetizer before the tamales. Hmmm, tamales and sushi might have to become another tradition...doesn't that sound yummy?!






7 comments:
Fun traditions! All the food looks so good!
That look delicious! I have looked at the pioneer woman's blog, also. She has some fun food. I will have to try her rolls, but with less sugar. Crazy, just last year I was learning hypnobirthing from you! Thanks for all your help with that. I cringe to think if I had stuck with my doctor:-)
Mmmm... you confrerence weekend cooking reminded me of our Sophomore year at BYU where we made up all of you authentic Chinese food. So yummy! You are such a great cook!
Very nice Jan! I didn't know you were so multicultural in your cooking! :-)
The food looks great! Jan, I'm so impressed. You can do it all!
Fun traditions! Those rolls look sooo yummy!
mmm... note to self - come to the Kings/your house for Conference weekend for good food.
Post a Comment