

Then, we had a little egg hunt in our backyard.
After naps, we went to the King Family Easter potluck. We got there early so Ben let Sam drive a little in the parking lot. It really reminded me of my dad because he used to let us drive in parking lots when we were under-aged...not quite this under-aged, but still fun memories!

And of course you can't have a King gathering without pony rides! Sam with his uncle Spencer:
Yet another egg hunt. Only this one had real hard boiled eggs in addition to candy eggs, and they divided the kids into age groups...great idea!


Jared even enjoyed the spoils!

On Sunday, we had Church and really enjoyed all the talks. I sang in the choir...I love Easter songs! And we decided not to do any candy or eggs. We just gave Sam a little basket with these Scripture readers with pictures in them so we can use them for Family Scripture study at nights. We've been using Ben's pictures from his Primary manual and he loves the stories. He just doesn't have the attention span to sit there for too long so the pictures and a verse or two help to make it a lot better experience for all of us! I think we're going to start a tradition where we get him a gospel-type book on Easter Sundays. Then we had dinner with family...yummy!

My sister put this really good quote up on her blog, so I'm stealing it Em!
"The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."
--Joseph Smith






3 comments:
What a fun Easter! I love the Easter basket idea...I think Dan and I have decided not to do Easter Baskets for Madison, but I like your idea better.
That is such a good tradition! We might have to steal that idea. I love the pictures. Your boys are so cute!
Driel (not Evan:-)
Looks like a fun Easter. That's a great quote.
Post a Comment