
This last weekend, we went on a family hike in the Superstition Mountains. It was the perfect day for it...blue skies, warm with a slight breeze. We hiked the hieroglyphics trail which is a little over a mile each way. I always thought Arizona desert was all sand, but you can tell from these pictures that it can actually be very green and pretty.



It was a good workout since we each took a child on our shoulders but it was worth it because the destination was a beautiful rocky place in the mountains with a stream and pool of water and, of course, the hieroglyphics. We stopped and ate lunch on the rocks.



Sam loved climbing the rocks! He was really good at it and we spent a good hour there. It was a gorgeous sight and such a fun family outing! I love these types of activities...fun, beautiful, and free!







5 comments:
Sam is an awesome climber! I love those kind of outings, too!
Jan, your pictures really make me miss Arizona. Some people don't think that the Desert can be beatiful but your picutres prooved them wrong. I heart Arizona!
That sounds like so much fun! And the boys look so cute in those packs!
That looks like a fun adventure. The winter rain has done wonders for our poor dry land. It looks so green and pretty. Sam looks like he had a blast climbling like a pro.
I can't believe how green the desert is?! There must have been a lot of rain this season. All your pictures look so darling. Did you digital-scrapbook those top photos from the top post? If so, I want to learn to digital scrapbook. Where do I start?
Post a Comment